Awards & Recognition
SunTrust Banks has been awarded a Gold President’s Volunteer Service Award for the 2015-16 program year, by providing more than 15,000 volunteer hours to Junior Achievement.
SunTrust Robinson Humphrey was named 2016 U.S. Mid-Market Equity House of the Year by International Financing Review.
The SunTrust Cash Rewards Credit Card is the number one cash rewards card in a ranking by U.S. News and World Report. The list compares credit cards available in the U.S. that are issued by a national bank and are not associated with a retail store or company (with the exception of hotels, airlines, cruise lines and gas stations). The rankings are based on three factors: net monetary value, product features and customer experience. Two other SunTrust credit cards were also on the list: SunTrust Travel Rewards Credit Card ranked fourth in the cash back cards category and the SunTrust Secured Credit Card ranked second in the secured card category.
SunTrust was awarded the 2016 Javelin Online Banking Leader in the Financial Management and Money Movement categories.
SunTrust Mortgage was recognized as a leader in organizational diversity by the Mortgage Bankers Association’s (MBA) in its inaugural Diversity & Inclusion Awards.
Allison Dukes, Atlanta division chairman and CEO, was named as one of the Atlanta Business Chronicle’s Women who Mean Business.
SunTrust was named one of the “6 Banks That Make Starting a Small Business Easier” by website GOBankingRates.com.
The Atlanta Business Chronicle honored Chairman and CEO Bill Rogers with its Readers' Choice award in Finance and Banking as one of Atlanta's Most Admired CEOs.
SunTrust was named “Best Investment Bank in the Southeast” for the middle market, and "Best U.S. Bank in the Southeast," by Global Finance magazine for 2016.
The SunTrust TV commercial “Hold Your Breath” won best film in the editing category at the PR Week and Campaign US 2016 Brand Film Festival. The ad promotes the onUp movement to advance financial confidence among Americans.
SunTrust was named to the 2016 InformationWeek Elite 100 for its implementation of a new mortgage origination platform. This implementation enabled SunTrust to grow, better serve its customers, improve efficiencies, and better respond to regulatory change. The InformationWeek Elite 100 spotlights the power of business technology innovation in some of the best-known organizations in the country.
SunTrust received the 2016 Star Award from CompuCom for onUp.com and the national movement to build financial confidence. The Star Award recognizes organizations that use the power of technology to build a better world.
- SunTrust has been awarded eight Excellence Awards and two Brand Awards for middle market banking by Greenwich Associates, which evaluated more than 600 eligible providers across a series of qualitative metrics.
- SunTrust Commercial Real Estate has been honored with a 2015 Community Development QLICIs of the Year Award for the Crosstown Concourse in Memphis, Tennessee. The Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits Awards recognizes community development entities that made exceptional qualified low-income community investments (QLCI) in the past year.
- SunTrust has received the Financial Services Roundtable (FSR) Corporate Social Responsibility Leadership Award, a recognition given to companies for their leadership and dedication to improving their communities and promoting financial literacy education.
- Margaret Callihan, South Florida division president, received the 2015 Florida’s Most Powerful and Influential Woman Award from the Florida Diversity Council during its 2015 Florida Diversity & Leadership Conference.
- SunTrust has been named a winner of the Financial Services Roundtable's “FSR Corporate Social Responsibility Leadership Awards.” Honorees are recognized for their leadership and dedication to improving their communities and their efforts to sharing financial literacy education.
- SunTrust named a best brand winner for small business banking and middle market banking by Greenwich Associates, which evaluated more than 750 banks for the awards. Along with the overall top honors, SunTrust was recognized as a best brand for loans or lines of credit and cash management in both small business banking and middle market banking.
- Susan Somersille Johnson, corporate executive vice president and chief marketing officer, was named one of the Top 50 Most Powerful Women in Corporate America by Black Enterprise Magazine.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has named SunTrust Bank a top ten 7(a) lender by dollar volume in fiscal year 2014 (Oct.1-Sept. 30).
- SunTrust achieved a perfect score of 100 on the 2015 Corporate Equality Index, the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s national benchmarking tool on corporate policies and practices pertinent to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees.
- Atlanta Habitat for Humanity honored SunTrust with its Golden Hammer award, recognizing the bank for its outstanding dedication to affordable homeownership.
- Susan Dushock, SVP, SunTrust Bank was recognized by The Bond Buyer as a “Trailblazing Woman,” celebrating women's accomplishments in public finance.
- Anil Cheriyan, CIO, has been named a 2015 Computerworld Premier 100 IT Leadership Awards honoree.
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Georgia honored Bill Rogers, chairman and CEO of SunTrust Banks, Inc., with its prestigious “Hall of Fame” award.
- SunTrust Mortgage, Inc. has been inducted into the Mortgage Bankers Association's (MBA) Hall of Honor program for its commitment to U.S. military veterans and active-duty personnel.
- SunTrust was awarded a Silver 2014 Brandon Hall Group Excellence Award for its Shine On Financial Education Modules by Brandon Hall Group, the pre-eminent HCM research and analyst organization focused on Learning and Development, Leadership Development, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, and Workforce Management.
- United Way honored SunTrust with the Champion of Greatness Award at its Tocqueville Society Awards for its notable efforts to serve the public good. Walt Mercer, executive vice president, also was honored with the Chairman’s Award.
- SunTrust was awarded first place for the Javelin Strategy & Research 2014 Digital Banking Experience Leader in Online Banking award. The bank also placed in the top five in the Mobile Banking, Digital Adoption and Digital Strategy categories.
- SunTrust named a winner of a Financial Services Roundtable Corporate Social Responsibility Leadership Award, which honors companies for their leadership and dedication to improving their communities and efforts to share financial literacy education.
- SunTrust named a winner of the 2014 Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) – Atlanta Pegasus Award, which honors HR resources excellence, promotes positive change in Atlanta companies and showcases the profound impact that HR can have on business results.
- Chairman & CEO William H. Rogers, Jr. honored by Operation HOPE for advancements in financial literacy resources and counseling.
- SunTrust won 11 Greenwich Excellence Awards for distinctive quality in serving the financial needs of business clients.
- A study conducted by Javelin Strategy & Research, a division of Greenwich Associates, ranked SunTrust “Best in Resolution” in regard to helping clients deal with the aftermath of card fraud events.
- Corporate Real Estate group received 2013 Downtown Impact Award.
- Received $2.2 Million in Awards for Five Affordable Housing Communities.
- Nearly 500 teammate volunteers were recognized in 2013 by the Presidential Volunteer Service Awards Program. The program recognizes volunteers, encourages a sustained commitment to civic participation and inspires others to make service a central part of their lives.
- Recognized by Change Sciences Group as a top performer for online user experience.
- The SunTrust Foundation was recognized with the National Financial Educators Council Financial Education Leadership Award for its support of financial literacy initiatives in Central Carolina.
- The Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve honored SunTrust with the Above and Beyond Award, the Army Reserve Outstanding Employer Award and the Patriotic Employer Award.
- Winner of the 2012 Corporate Ally Award at the Annual Atlanta Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (AGLCC) Community Awards.
- Our Eastern Tennessee Region was recognized by the Knoxville Area Urban League with the 2012 Corporate Leadership Award.
- Recognized by the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD) with a 2012 BEST Award for demonstrating a culture of learning.
- Recognized by Corporate Insight in their 2012 Bank Monitor Awards, including a Gold award in the "online application" category and a Silver award in the “account information” category.
- Named a 2012 Bersin & Associates Learning Leader in the Learning, Leadership, and Talent Initiative Excellence category for Leadership Development Programs.
- Winner of the 2012 VISA Service Quality Award for Highest Non-Fraud Chargeback Effectiveness for Commercial Issuer.
- SunTrust Named "Export Lender of the Year" by U.S. Small Business Administration for Third Straight Year.
- Earned 12 Greenwich Excellence Awards in 2011 – including National Small Business Overall Satisfaction – in small business and middle market banking.
- Earned two Gold Bank Monitor Awards and one Silver Bank Monitor Award for online banking innovation presented by consulting firm Corporate Insight.
- SunTrust Business Banking received the top award for Sales Talent Management in 2011 from Brandon Hall for our integrated talent management strategy within the Business Banking sales organization.
- Our Hampton Roads Region was the recipient of a 2011 Corporate Volunteer Excellence Award in the Good Corporate Neighbor category, presented by VOLUNTEER Hampton Roads in partnership with the Hampton Roads Corporate Volunteer Council.
- Named regional winner for highest level of client advocacy in research firm Market Probe’s 2011 Retail Banking Customer Advocacy Monitor.
- SunTrust Named “Export Lender of the Year“ by U.S. Small Business Administration for Second Straight Year.
- SunTrust Wins 18 Greenwich Excellence Awards for Distinguished Performance in Serving the Financial Needs of Business Clients.
- Named “Export Lender of the Year” by the U.S. Small Business Administration for making the most export working capital loans to U.S. exporters in 2011.
- Treasury & Payment Solutions received 18 Greenwich Excellence Awards for treasury management, covering overall satisfaction, product capabilities and service in 2011.
- Received J.D. Power and Associates Highest Customer Satisfaction Ranking for Business Banking.
- Named “Export Lender of the Year” by U.S. Small Business Administration.
- Won Monarch Innovation Awards for Outstanding Business Solutions.
- Won Nine Greenwich Excellence Awards for Outstanding Service in Small Business and Middle Market Banking.
- RidgeWorth Investments - Recipient of 2 Lipper Awards including the Small Company “Overall” Award – 2010 and Small Company “Mixed Assets” Award – 2010, as well as the Mutual Fund Education Alliance “Overall Advisor Communication” Award among medium sized firms.
- SunTrust Robinson Humphrey - Recipient of the 2010 Greenwich awards for excellence in Investment Banking.